Ear infections can be very painful for the little ones, so naturally you as a parent want to ease their pain. If your child has an ear infection, you have a few choices. If you’ve taken the child to the doctor, the doctor may recommand the child take an antibiotic. But for those of you who are looking for natural ways help ear infections, I’ve come up with a list of several natural things my friends and I have used – successfully – to treat their children’s ear infections.
I also found some good information about ear infections in the book How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor, which was written by a doctor and actually recommended to me by my son’s doctor. If I remember correctly, the book mentions how most ear infections heal on their own and antibiotics actually provide little to no benefit. The book helped me many times when I started to wonder about a medical condition.
Again, I should remind you to read my disclaimer. I am not a medical doctor and you should always consult your physician for medical advice and opinions before you try any of these ideas.
With that said, here are some tips and natural remedies for ear infections:
- Similasan Earache Relief Drops – I’ve used these for my son and they seem to work great.
- Put 1-2 drops (no more than 2) of Lavender Essential oil into a humidifier and let it run overnight in the child’s room. (Make sure it’s essential oil.)
- Put oxygen water drops into ears.
- Put drops of garlic oil into ears. (It fights the infection.)
- Put drops of colloidal silver into the ear to reduce swelling and relive pain (usually within an hour).
- Put drops of white vinegar into the ears.
- Put drops of hydrogen peroxide into the ears.
- Put drops of breastmilk into the ears.
- Don’t drink cow’s milk.
- Get adjusted every other week by chiropractor (helps with draining).
- Put white willow bark drops into the ears. (It is a natural pain killer.)
-Wendy – ParentingTips365.com