Cheesy lentils is probably our family’s most often used staple meal; we have it at least every other week due to its simplicity and great taste! This is a great meal to work into your rotation, especially if you are looking for an easy meal.
Why I Like This
We usually have these ingredients on hand so this is often a meal we can fall back on if plans change. There is practically no work involved with this meal! This is also a great gluten free meal, as well.
- Pros: This meal has the quickest preparation time of any I know: 5 minutes! And after you toss everything into the oven to bake, there is nothing else to do – easy!
- Con: The cooking time is one hour. So while it is quick and easy to prepare, you have to wait awhile before it’s done.
Try to use organic ingredients, if possible.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 box vegetable broth (32 oz.)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Rinse lentils and rice and place in 9″ x 9″ x 2″ casserole dish (or whatever you think will work).
- Add vegetable broth and stir.
- Cover and bake in oven at 375° F for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Cover and place back in oven for 5-10 more minutes, until cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with a salad or some vegetables.
Wendy – ParentingTips365.com