When I first came across this recipe, the ingredient combinations weren’t something I was used to and did sound a bit odd. But I decided to try it and I’m glad I did – it was delicious!
Why I Like This
- Pros: This is a really easy recipe, especially if you have the chicken cooked ahead of time. It is also light and cool, which tastes great during the hot summer. Oh, and my 3 year old gobbles this up!
- Con: There was no picture to look at and I was confused by the directions for cutting the pita, so I guessed. And my pita was not cooperative and very crumbly. Hopefully you have better luck with your pitas.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 pita pockets, cut in half (not all the way through)
- 3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken tenders, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
Note: I didn’t use chilies or onions.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, chilies, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix until completely blended.
- Generously spread mayonnaise mixture on inside of pita pockets.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, red onions, cucumber, and mango. Toss until mixed.
- Divide chicken mixture among pitas.
- Sprinkle with shredded lettuce and serve.
If you try it, let me know what you think!
Wendy – ParentingTips365.com