We all know that as “women of childbearing age” we should be taking a prenatal vitamin. I’ve mentioned that I have taken (and loved) New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins for years. I think they really are the best prenatal on the market.
As I mentioned in my article on whole food-based children’s vitamins, it is important to use whole food based vitamins instead of synthetic ones. Whole food based vitamins are easier on your system and more bio-available for absorption.
Problems With Synthetic Vitamins
- Synthetic vitamins are not as readily absorbed by the body as whole food nutrients are. Your body can absorb vitamins when all parts of the complex are present. In the case of a synthetic, isolated nutrient (a fraction of a vitamin), your body must supply the other parts of the complex, thus creating more work and deficiencies.
- Synthetic vitamins often contain harmful ingredients such as artificial flavors, artificial colorings, sugars, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, and preservatives.
- Synthetic vitamins often contain allergens.
Whole Food Supplements
Whole food supplements are made from concentrated whole foods. The vitamins in these supplements are not isolated; they combine a variety of enzymes, coenzymes, antioxidants, trace elements, activators, and many other unknown or undiscovered factors all working together synergistically to enable this vitamin complex to do its job in your body.
Dr. Mercola provides more information about whole food supplements vs synthetic.
New Chapter Organic Perfect Prenatal Vitamins
New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins are whole food based and contain herbs, minerals, and probiotics. You take one per meal and they can even be taken on an empty stomach. Taking a tablet several times a day is easier (and better utilized) than once-a-day vitamins. Since the bottle contains 192 tablets, that comes out to 64 days or roughly two months.
What About Cost?
You may have heard of New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins before but may have balked at the high price. Indeed, if you went to your local Whole Foods you might find them priced around $57/bottle (192 tablets). While that may or may not seem like a lot of money for a two-month supply of excellent vitamins, I am here to show you how you can save 39% on New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins!
How To Get Discount on New Chapter Organic Perfect Prenatal Vitamins
As much as I love Whole Foods, if that is where you buy your New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins you are paying too much!
Here’s how to get them cheaper:
- Buy one bottle (192 count) on Amazon.com. Just by doing that the price drops to $41.24/bottle.
- Sign up for Amazon.com’s Subscribe and Save. By having a bottle automatically ordered every so often (you choose the frequency) you save 15%, bringing the price down to $35.05/bottle.
Bonus: There is free shipping for Subscribe and Save!
Let’s do the math:
We just went from $57/bottle to $35/bottle, for a savings of 39%! Don’t you just love Amazon.com! 🙂 And that’s for a two-month supply!
I can’t believe I just thought about looking for vitamins on Amazon.com recently! I have ordered one shipment and now I have one bottle (192 count) scheduled to arrive every two months. Having used their Subscribe and Save for awhile now with diapers, I am completely confident in it. You can always change frequency or order more anytime and update the next shipment. It’s so easy!
How To Purchase
Simply click on New Chapter Organic Perfect Prenatal to take you to the Amazon.com product page. New Chapter Organic Perfect Prenatal vitamins are also listed in my Amazon.com store in the ‘Whole Food Vitamin’ category.
Follow me on Facebook!
(If you like this article, share it with your friends by using the buttons below!)
Wendy – ParentingTips365.com
[This article contains affiliate links that may support Parentingtips365.]